The market cap of the self-proclaimed Dogecoin-killer – Shiba Inu – has increased to half the size of Doge’s after a massive triple-digit weekly surge. Consequently, SHIB is now well within the top 15 coins.
- Most of the cryptocurrency market has been on a roll lately. Bitcoin went over $55,000 for the first time since May, Ethereum reclaimed $3,500, and so on.
- Yet, one digital asset has trumped all others – Shiba Inu. CryptoPotato reported on October 5th that the token had exploded by 100% in just a few days following a massive whale buy of over six trillion coins.
- This turned out to be just the beginning as SHIB kept climbing and a day later started knocking on the door of the top 20 largest coins by market cap.
- At this point, the token was up by roughly 200% in a week, but that wasn’t the end of its gains, either. In the past 24 hours, it initiated another massive leg up, peaking at $0.000035, which became the highest price line since mid-May.
- Moreover, SHIB came just inches away from painting a new all-time high record, currently standing at $0.000038, according to CoinGecko.
- Despite retracing slightly since the intraday top, SHIB’s market capitalization has increased to well above $15 billion. This makes it the 12th-largest cryptocurrency by this metric.
- Additionally, SHIB’s market cap is halfway away from the arguably most well-known meme coin – Dogecoin. DOGE takes the 10th spot in terms of market cap with $32 billion.
- With this latest increase, Shiba Inu has neared giants like United Airlines and America Airlines Group as well.
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency