It seems the positive news coming from the US continues to impact the cryptocurrency market as BTC spiked once more – this time above $47,000. With most alternative coins following alone, the liquidations have risen to roughly $400 million on a daily scale.
- The primary cryptocurrency had dipped all the way down beneath $41,000 for the third time in less than a week yesterday. However, it bounced off and increased to around $43,000 rather rapidly.
- BTC stood there for a while, but the situation changed once more following a meeting in the US in which Fed Chair Jerome Powell reassured that the country has no plans to institute a ban on cryptocurrencies.
- This had an immediate effect on the markets as BTC jumped by $2,000 to a weekly high of around $45,000.
- However, this wasn’t the end of the asset’s daily gains as it initiated another impressive leg up in the following hours. This time, it went to $47,800 (on Bitstamp) – the highest price tag since September 20th.
- But, it’s not just bitcoin. The rest of the altcoins have followed suits with massive double-digit gains.
- Such are evident from Binance Coin, Solana, Polkadot, Uniswap, Chainlink, and more. Ethereum has recovered over $300 since yesterday’s low and currently sits above $3,200.
- The entire market capitalization has risen above $2.050 trillion after a $170 billion increase in a day.
- Additionally, the liquidations are now more than $400 million, with the largest order being a short position on Bitmex worth $10 million.
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency