The bull run in the crypto market continues with full force as ETH has surged above $2,000 for the first time in its history. The asset is up by nearly 200% since the start of the year when it dabbled with the $700 price mark.
- Ethereum has been among the best performing crypto assets since the mid-March liquidity crisis in 2020, when it dripped below $100. The cryptocurrency has seen nothing but gains since then, which resulted in numerous broken records in the following eleven months.
- ETH entered the new year at about $720. It took less than a month to double its value and break its 2018 ATH record of $1,430.
- While those gains seemed impressive on their own, ETH wasn’t done yet. The asset only enhanced its price performance and headed north in uncharted territory.
- Now, about a month after surpassing its previous record, ETH has successfully conquered another milestone – $2,000.
- Naturally, the price surge has also impacted Ethereum’s market capitalization, which has spiked to about $230 billion. According to AssetDash data, this places ETH within the top 40 assets by market cap.
- Although reaching $2,000 is a significant milestone in ETH’s way up, several somewhat optimistic predictions envision even further gains, with some projecting a 10x from here to $20,000.
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency